Emergency Tips Before Help Arrives
Here are some Emergency Tips to perform before SERVPRO of Olympia arrives on the scene. When in doubt before you turn the claim into the insurance company, have SERVPRO of Olympia come and evaluate the loss. SERVPRO has the tools to determine where the water has migrated to and the knowledge to show you the extend of the damage.
WATER DAMAGE- Emergency Tips
- Shut off the water source , if possible.
- Remove excess water by mopping or extracting with a Wet Vacuum Unit
- Remove and prop up wet upholstery cushions for even drying.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks under the furniture legs.
- Remove Oriental or other colored rugs from the wet area.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if the ceiling is wet.
- Keep out of areas where ceilings are sagging from retained water.
- Move any books, magazines, papers, boxes out of the wet area